Serve in South Korea
Do you want to be part of a loving community and inspire others? Serve in South Korea as a Time for God volunteer!
Only UK residents can apply!
What? Join a church community and volunteer as an assistant to Children & Youth Workers and Community Development Workers
When? 10 - 12 months of service - start January or September
There’s a great church community in Busan, they run a kindergarten, a secondary school and a café as well. It’s a big church with a flourishing community life.
You can also serve in the Sangdo Community Child Care Centre & Daebong Church in the nation's capital, Seoul.
People in these placements are very friendly and welcoming and they would love to host UK volunteers who could help in the following areas:
- Youth/Children’s work: Help to organise and lead Sunday School activities and youth groups
- Worship team: Participate in the worship team by singing or playing an instrument
- Community work: Volunteer at a Church Café and get involved in outreach projects
- Provide pastoral care: Visit and befriend elderly members from the church
International Christian School
- Teach English or tutor other subjects such as Maths, Science, PE
- Help to organise after school clubs, extracurricular activities and school trips
- Build positive relationships with pupils and their parents
- Help to run English lessons for kids
- Organise and run arts & crafts, sport activities
- Play with the kids and build positive relationship with them and their parents
- Serve at a Café (prepare hot drinks, serve the customers etc.)
- Build relationships with local people through having conversations with them
- Organise some activities
Please note that these activities are potential activities. The volunteer’s exact role will depend on the volunteer’s interests and skills.
Cost: Currently being offered with zero volunteer fee!
Please note that places are awarded on a first-come-first served basis to the right candidates who meet our criteria, so if you are interested please get in touch with us as soon as possible.
- Monthly pocket money
- Accommodation and all reasonable related bills
- Food (or food allowance)
- Airport Collection on Arrival
- Training and support (before, during and after your year of service)
What’s not included:
- Flight/ travel costs
- Medical/ travel Insurance
- VISA cost
- Passionate about working with people
- Flexible and motivated to try new things
- Aged 18-29
- Ideally some experience/ qualification of working with children/ young people and/ or teaching
Click here to apply now!