Work in a Church
Are you passionate about supporting local church ministires and community development projects?
TfG has a wide variety of church placements. We work with churches that are large and small in number; ones located in cities, towns, and villages; churches with traditional services, contemporary services, or both; as well as working with churches from most church denominations in the UK – Anglican, Baptist, Methodist, Pentecostal, non-denominational, etc.
Church placements will typically have volunteers live with a ‘host family’ – a couple or family who have agreed to house the volunteer for the year. Meals and other arrangements will be decided between the volunteer, host family, and supervisor. Churches with multiple volunteers may house them in separate host families or have volunteers live together in a flat.
- Youth / children’s work: help teach Sunday school and youth fellowship groups; plan and help lead activities during school holidays; assist with uniformed groups
- Work in schools: help lead school assemblies or volunteer in after-school clubs and lunch clubs
- Music / art: help contribute to worship times using your musical, artistic, or creative skills
- Community work: volunteer with local community groups use the church building; be involved in the church’s community outreach projects such as a cafe or homeless ministry
- Offer pastoral care: visit elderly members of the church in their homes or in hospital, build relationships with new church members, etc.
- Administration duties: creating newsletters, bulletins, designing posters, etc.