Work with Children
Are you passionate about supporting children?
Some of TfG’s placements combine working with children and young people (e.g. in a church or activity centre), while others will specifically work with just children. This may be in a school setting or in a residential home for families; regardless, volunteers would work alongside trained professionals and eventually may be allowed to work on their own or take up a leadership role within a team.
Volunteers working with children and/or young people in a church setting are likely to live with a ‘host family’ – a couple or family who have agreed to house the volunteer for the year. However, those working in schools may either live with a host family or in a flat with other volunteers from the project. Volunteers working in a residential home will commonly live in their own room on-site and eat meals with the residents.
- Help to lead large-group assemblies for primary school pupils
- Prepare lessons and help tutor children 1-2-1 in English literacy
- Organise and run art/sports groups for children outside of school
- Accompany school groups or church groups on outings away from the placement
- Build friendly relationships with the parent(s) of children at the placement